Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse cops wan me to be an informant

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeroselli

I was stopped by the cops yesterday for a little bit of drugs... they pretty much told me im going to be an informant and they'll call me in a few days to do what they want .. then let me go ..... took my picture and pics of my tattoos ..... they want me to cooperate and are threatening if I don't help theyl have me arrested .... can they actually have me arrested if I don't cooperate ... or better yet can they have me arrested if I did cooperate and can they just stab u in the back ... again they dident lock me up ... they dident charge me ..

I wouldn't say anything. If they have you arrested, get a lawyer. The lawyer will help you & tell you what your options are. If you can't afford a lawyer, the court will appoint one for you.

Other responders may come along with other opinions.

You have already committed the offense. You can be arrested for that if they get a judge to sign a warrant, which is easy to do.
You won't be arrested for not cooperating, but for your offense they already caught you for.
You can speak with attorneys about pros and cons of being an informant.

can they have me arrested if they don't get what they want

See, this is where you messed up.

You are on probation.

Its standard practice that if you get offered probation (and accept it, they can't force probation on you) you agree to NOT break any laws, stay away from illegal drugs, possess no weapons, and break no laws.

There are many more conditions, but you need not worry about the small (or large) quantity of drugs they found in your possession.

You need to focus on NOT being violated.

If you get violated, you'll get a hearing about revoking your probation.

So, here's how to play this BAD hand.

For the next couple of weeks, fly low, stay off their radar.

Obey the law, walk that line.

If they come, they come.

You can say, I want to exercise my right to remain silent and ask for a lawyer.

Then just shut up.

You can't control anything.

You gave them your power when you messed yourself up by doing you know what.

You'll eventually get a hearing on a probation violation, be arraigned on a new NOTHING small drug beef, or nothing will happen until you next see your PO. Then your PO will give you a lecture.

By the way, you are required to report ALL police contacts to your PO. Do that before they do.

Then you wait and keep your trap shut.

I dident sign anything all they have is my picture they just called me and want me to meet him at a federal building tomarrow ....if I see my PO and tell her everything that happened .... is it a definite that I will go to jail for my violation my PO really likes me and I think would understand

You are being used. Nobody is looking out for your best interests. Speak with am attorney, or at least your probation officer, before you do anything.

I would definitely talk to an attorney but that is just my opinion.

I dident sign anything all they have is my picture they just called me and want me to meet him at a federal building tomarrow ....if I see my PO and tell her everything that happened .... is it a definite that I will go to jail for my violation my PO really likes me and I think would understand

Well, looks as if you ran into one if those federal and local task forces.

You need a lawyer.

Don't agree to anything, unless its in writing from a persecutor.

To ensure its a valid deal, you need a lawyer.

You're being hustled, player.

If you agree, you should get paid and your current charges should be wiped away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back