Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Convicted of violation Sec. Code 11378

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn82

I was arrested two years ago for holding a pack containing 1600 pills of a steroid called dianabol (methandrostenolone) of the Sec. 11056 (F) Scheduled III. I was 19-20 and This was my first offense.

I live in LA County, CA. The court hearing was in the Criminal Courts Building in LA.

They charged me with possession for sale and I went to fight it with no attorney, just Public Defender. The plea bargain was 1 year in the county jail and I denied it. A counterplea was offered for 1 year stayed county jail, 90 days of Caltrans and 3 years probation, but STILL is a FELONY and would still show up as possession for sale. I also denied that so it went to a Preliminary Hearing.

Next court hearing was a superior court arraignment after preliminary hearing, and the DA offered the same plea for 1 year in the county jail and the judge denied him. He offered me his own plea of 10 days in the county jail, 150 days of Caltrans, and 3 years probation. It would still show as a FELONY and with the same possession for sale conviction. I took it.

I was sentenced a month later and did 2 days in jail. I completed 120 days of Caltrans, and the judge told me he would delete the last 30 days so I have court in 3 weeks, so we'll see. This Oct. I will be on probation for 2 years.

My question is, is this what I was supposed to be charged with? I wanted to fight the for sale charge and just receive a simple possession but would I still have gotten a FELONY? I cant find out if steroids are a FELONY at ANY amount. I really feel like I was made an example out of, yet people are telling me I could have done prison time. I say B.S. since this was my FIRST OFFENSE. My range was a 16-2-3. From 16 months in county jail up to 2-3 years in State Prison.

By the way, here in LA County, inmates are doing 10% of their time in the County Jails.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure and this is all "what if" scenario. It's also difficult to tell. In general, most felonies equate to greater than a year in jail and misdemeanors one year or less. What makes you think this was a felony charge for sure?

Shawn82 said:
I was arrested two years ago for holding a pack containing 1600 pills of a steroid called dianabol (methandrostenolone) of the Sec. 11056 (F) Scheduled III. I was 19-20 and This was my first offense.

I live in LA County, CA. The court hearing was in the Criminal Courts Building in LA.

They charged me with possession for sale and I went to fight it with no attorney, just Public Defender. The plea bargain was 1 year in the county jail and I denied it. A counterplea was offered for 1 year stayed county jail, 90 days of Caltrans and 3 years probation, but STILL is a FELONY and would still show up as possession for sale. I also denied that so it went to a Preliminary Hearing.

Next court hearing was a superior court arraignment after preliminary hearing, and the DA offered the same plea for 1 year in the county jail and the judge denied him. He offered me his own plea of 10 days in the county jail, 150 days of Caltrans, and 3 years probation. It would still show as a FELONY and with the same possession for sale conviction. I took it.

I was sentenced a month later and did 2 days in jail. I completed 120 days of Caltrans, and the judge told me he would delete the last 30 days so I have court in 3 weeks, so we'll see. This Oct. I will be on probation for 2 years.

My question is, is this what I was supposed to be charged with? I wanted to fight the for sale charge and just receive a simple possession but would I still have gotten a FELONY? I cant find out if steroids are a FELONY at ANY amount. I really feel like I was made an example out of, yet people are telling me I could have done prison time. I say B.S. since this was my FIRST OFFENSE. My range was a 16-2-3. From 16 months in county jail up to 2-3 years in State Prison.

By the way, here in LA County, inmates are doing 10% of their time in the County Jails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back