Contract Violation

S

sbarnhar

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hello,

I recently purchased a home and had an agreement/contract drawn that within 90 days of closing a concrete driveway would be installed by the prior owners. The money has been sitting in escrow and today marks day 90 after closing. Communication is fuzzy and the contractor responsible for completed the job keeps putting it off. Since they are now in violation of a legally binding contract, what rights do I have?

You say that the money has been in escrow for the job.

Who hired the contractor?

What are the specific (word for word) provisions of the purchase contract regarding the driveway and what are the specific (word for word) instructions (presumably signed by both parties) to the escrow company regarding the disposition of the money when the job is completed or not completed.

Need to know all that before giving an opinion on what you might do next.

Hello,

I recently purchased a home and had an agreement/contract drawn that within 90 days of closing a concrete driveway would be installed by the prior owners. The money has been sitting in escrow and today marks day 90 after closing. Communication is fuzzy and the contractor responsible for completed the job keeps putting it off. Since they are now in violation of a legally binding contract, what rights do I have?

Why not start by asking the seller when the driveway will be completed?

Going to court (or invoking the legal process) will simply prolong the driveway's completion.

It's always best to communicate.

Reach out to seller, ask them.

People lead busy lives, and the driveway is of little consequence to them, because they've sold the home to you.

More than likely it simply slipped through the cracks, or they were waiting for spring to arrive. Well, spring has sprung, let them know you're anxious to "git 'er done"!

Back