Consumer Law, Warranties Contract contains clause to enter into another contract

I

Ima Catlady

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My daughter purchased a purebred dog with a contract. The contract's wording contained a paragraph that a second contract was to be signed regarding the disposition of any puppies that might result from any breeding. No second contract was ever presented to her at the time of sale or at any time later. Now, several years down the road and a litter of puppies later, the original seller is demanding half of the money from the placement of the puppies. Am I correct in telling my daughter that the people who sold her the dog should have seen that the second contract was in place at the time of sale and without it, they don't have a claim against her and my daughter has no obligation to give them anything?

Am I correct in telling my daughter that the people who sold her the dog should have seen that the second contract was in place at the time of sale

Yes.

without it, they don't have a claim against her and my daughter has no obligation to give them anything?

Theoretically, yes.

However, there are several legal concepts involved, and nothing prevents a lawsuit from being delivered to her door, so it would help to have some specifics.

1 - Exact date of the purchase and confirm that the purchase occurred in PA. If not, then what state?

2 - Make a copy of the contract. Redact any identifying information on the copy. You don't want to mess up the original. Scan the copy and upload it here so we can analyze it.

Back