Consumer Law, Warranties contract breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaverageguy

I and a number of individuals from a couple of different states each separately 'invested' in a product pitched to us about four years ago. This product was a self-help 'system', including DVD's, CD's and printed materials, and had a specific title. It was purported to us that this product would be advertised nationally and internationally as an infomercial as well as sold at seminars that would be continually held throughout the world, and thirdly through a website promotion. It was pitched that sales should exceed more than any Tony Robbins material (60 million). We each signed contracts that stated we would be paid a certain percentage for each item sold, and that we would be paid and recieve propper accounting documentaion of those sales, every two months from when the contract went into effect. The infomercial was to begin running the month following contract signing. The contract has now been breached in the following ways. 1) To my knowledge the infomercial has never run 2) a few seminars were conducted over a year or so, and then ceased 3) We were only paid for a few sales during the first year, then the checks and agreed upon two month paper work stopped and hasn't come for over two years 4) One year after contact signing, the owner/promoter of the LLC has since taken the basic package product, converted it into a book with only a slight alteration in title, recruited new investors for it, and subsequently promoted only the most recent package, and is currently recruiting new investors for further permutations of the original product 5) I formally approached the owner to refund my investment after the first year, which she agreed to, the renegged on. 6) We're not on civil terms or speaking.
What recourse do I ( or we ) have in pursuit of what I believe to be criminal fraud. What mechanisms are available to legally get our money back ( between $3,000 and $25,000 per person investment )? Can we be represented by one attorney for all, and will an attorney take his payment from recovered funds rather than money upfront?
Thanks so much for any helpful direction you might be able to steer me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back