Contesting Red Light Ticket Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbaned1908

Hi,

I would appreciate any advice or insight... this is my first citation.

A guy ran a red light and hit me last month at an intersection with no camera. After the accident, a witness came to see if I was alright and then left before the police arrived. The witness told me he saw the guy run the red light and hit me - this witness gave me his contact information.

When the officer arrived, I told him about the witness but since the witness wasn't there, he did not include the witness in the police report. The officer kind of acted like my witness didn't really exist. The guy who hit me told the officer I ran a red light. I told the officer the other guy ran the light. The officer then gave both of us red light tickets.

Since the accident, my insurance company has gotten a recorded statement from the witness. The witness was not easy to reach initially, so I'm guessing he won't come to court with me. I'm not sure how to proceed - given that I don't think the witness will come to court.

The witness confirmed what happened (that the other driver ran the light and hit me). The insurance company is working on getting me the witnesses statement in written form.

I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do. My car was totaled and I was injured (although not seriously thankfully). Any advice on how to handle this in court and what to do in general would be appreciated. I can't believe I got a red light ticket - so I want to do everything I can to make sure I don't have to pay a fine for a ticket

U.E.

Atlanta, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back