Auto Loans Consolidated loan

David Riha

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I have a loan through One Main financial. It consolidated 3 loans, an auto loan and two personal loans. No problems woth lendor. Always paid on time. My question is they have been calling me about needing to get a photo of my ex wife's driver's license. They referenced that someone, I dont remember who, was really on them about getting a phot of her driver license.

Shes not likely to give me a photo of it anyway. Ive just been paying my monthly payment. My question is could this loan agreement be terminated because of this? What would that entail?

My question is they have been calling me about needing to get a photo of my ex wife's driver's license. They referenced that someone, I dont remember who, was really on them about getting a phot of her driver license.

Next time they call ask the following and write down the answers:

What is your full name?
What is your title/position with the lender?
What is your supervisor/manager's full name?
What is the address where your office is located?
Under what authority do you demand a copy of my ex-wife's driver license?

See how that goes over.

I'm assuming they lost the photo that they had before when i originally applied for the loan. Or they never got it. This was over a year ago.
I'm assuming she's a hot model and they just want the pic. Of course, assumptions get you nowhere.

Shes not likely to give me a photo of it anyway. Ive just been paying my monthly payment. My question is could this loan agreement be terminated because of this? What would that entail?

Is your former spouse a signatory to the loan documents?

Whose name(s) is(are) on the loan today?

The lender MIGHT suspect that there was some "hankypanky" when the loan was initially originated.

If you divorced a spouse, that spouse might now be claiming that it wasn't she who signed the original loan documents.

I know the lender of which you write.
They do a great deal of business with active and retired military, as well as veterans.

I suggest you reflect upon the loan application process and ensuing days.

You might be able to paint a clearer picture, therefore knowing what you wish to do next.

I'm assuming they lost the photo that they had before when i originally applied for the loan.

Is your ex a joint borrower on the loan?

Never ran into this before, didnt know if anyone else had. The whole thing just seems odd to me.

That's fine, but your question was, "could this loan agreement be terminated because of this?" and that's a question that can't be answered intelligently without reading your loan agreement. Even if the same or a similar thing had happened to someone else, that person's experience wouldn't be particularly meaningful or helpful to you.

Back