Confronted about shoplifting in spencers and they got the license plat

xucksashmeow

Confronted about shoplifting in spencers and followed to the car and they got the license plate numbers of the person I was with?
My cousin and I went to the mall & went into spencers she tried on a robe while I was stealing stuff and I had a feeling they were onto us so I told her to put the robe down and leave the store asap with me as we made I out of the store a worker started screaming at us to stop and we kept walking he followed us into JC Penney and kept saying we stole the robe (which we didn't we stole other things) and insisted on looking into my bag and I refused & told him we put the robe back to go check his inventory. He said he would follow us to the car and get our plates & I told him we rode the bus (which we didn't) & I being the smart one walked across the parking lot & went to a restaurant to wait it out & my dumbass cousin went to her car & said he didn't follow her. I called spencers being an idiot right after this happened because the dude threatened us and told him off and an officer called me back and asked me if we were in there shoplifting & asked if he was going to see us on the footage & I denied everything & told him someone else might've called them on my phone being stupid but I didn't know what he was talking about. But he told me to not go back to spencers and not call again that we were banned. Its been a couple of weeks and now she's saying she thinks she has a warrant because her friends dad who is a cop told her she did and it was for spencers They had to have gotten her plates. If this is true than what can happen to me?I'm most likely on camera stealing and why haven't they called me back? The officer that called me obviously knows my name and number because he called me after I made the phone call that day after it all happened and if they ask my cousin who I am in the surveillance and she says she just met me at the mall and doesn't remember me will they push to find out who I am? Can you get in trouble just by being on camera and not knowing if you actually stole something or put it back? What can happen? This is the first time I've ever stole and I feel bad about the whole situation.

Confronted about shoplifting in spencers and followed to the car and they got the license plate numbers of the person I was with?
My cousin and I went to the mall & went into spencers she tried on a robe while I was stealing stuff and I had a feeling they were onto us so I told her to put the robe down and leave the store asap with me as we made I out of the store a worker started screaming at us to stop and we kept walking he followed us into JC Penney and kept saying we stole the robe (which we didn't we stole other things) and insisted on looking into my bag and I refused & told him we put the robe back to go check his inventory. He said he would follow us to the car and get our plates & I told him we rode the bus (which we didn't) & I being the smart one walked across the parking lot & went to a restaurant to wait it out & my dumbass cousin went to her car & said he didn't follow her. I called spencers being an idiot right after this happened because the dude threatened us and told him off and an officer called me back and asked me if we were in there shoplifting & asked if he was going to see us on the footage & I denied everything & told him someone else might've called them on my phone being stupid but I didn't know what he was talking about. But he told me to not go back to spencers and not call again that we were banned. Its been a couple of weeks and now she's saying she thinks she has a warrant because her friends dad who is a cop told her she did and it was for spencers They had to have gotten her plates. If this is true than what can happen to me?I'm most likely on camera stealing and why haven't they called me back? The officer that called me obviously knows my name and number because he called me after I made the phone call that day after it all happened and if they ask my cousin who I am in the surveillance and she says she just met me at the mall and doesn't remember me will they push to find out who I am? Can you get in trouble just by being on camera and not knowing if you actually stole something or put it back? What can happen? This is the first time I've ever stole and I feel bad about the whole situation.

You can't prevent the tornado from coming, only seek shelter when it arrives.

If you are arrested, remain cool, calm, and collected.
Do cooperate with the arrest and further processing.
Do give harmless information (name, date of birth, address, occupation, race, sex, etc...)

DON'T speak about the case, admit or deny anything, except to say, "I wish to remain silent, I invoke, and I want a lawyer."
The cops aren't stupid, and neither are you.
The cops will try many tricks to get you to speak, simply keep repeating, "Sorry, I invoked."

When you go to court, plead not guilty, admit to nothing confess to nothing, ask the judge to appoint a public defender to represent you.
When you eventually meet with teh lawyer, ask about your options, again; don't admit to anything, NOTHING, now way, no how.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. It appears that the store (you should not have named publicly) has pursued a criminal case. As instructed above admit to nothing and invoke your right to an Attorney regardless of what Police say or promise. In mean time call some Lawyers (many offer free consultations) get as many as you can and arm your self with knowledge. Be sure to ask about plea options like ACD or Diversion to protect your record. And NEVER EVER admit to crimes (with details or locations) on a public forum!!!

And yes, if they have you on camera, you can be arrested and there is not a whole lot of leniency coming your way. Especially after you went and made it worse by acting like an *** to the employee and police.

Back