conflict of intrest with who was my public defender but now is the district attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagirl

I had a case in sept 2012 i had been waiting for my case to go trial since oct 2010...my public defender in ga. Decicded to run for district attorney in nov 2012 was sworn in jan 2013..

is there anything i can do bout them still prosecuting me when he knows everything bout my case

....im so uncomfortable with the answer from the DA's office when i called and asked that my case b dropped due to the info he has on me could very well jeperdise my case....can i do something bout this....i was told that my case would b prosicuted still and that MY FORMER PD has no access to my records.....i know this is not true....i was already very uncomfortable b4 all this happened with how he was handlejng my case i felt then that he was against me then....i even signed papers for a new lawyer but was ignored and never issued another public defender please tell me what is going on can they do this to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Your PD was your Lawyer. He is bound from disclosing anything revealed to him, and you are protected by attorney-client privilege. Discuss the matter with your new PD, and your rights will be preserved.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

i even signed papers for a new lawyer but was ignored and never issued another public defender please tell me what is going on can they do this to me

Are you saying they will not assign you a new public defender?

Yes they did assign me new public defender but the public that was handling my case 2 mos. Ago is now elected and sworn in as the new district attorney....i was never comfortable with him to begin with butnow im really not comfortable with changing from my side to their side and knowing everything bout my case even though it is supposed to b confidental i feel like its not.....i feel like im being treated like im guilty b4 im even tried....i do feel like they have the uper hand because i feel like he would work with them even he doesnt tell them the actual facts he could knowing my info on the case could help them convict me when im not guilty....i just understand how a public defender can go from being that position as a pd and 2 mos. later b sworn in as district attorney....is there not a period of time that has to waited out b4 he can go from being several clients pd to the position of a da???? it just dont seem right to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back