Conflict of interest

C

Chevy88

Jurisdiction
New York
I'm on misdemeanor probation it will be a year in November 2016. I am trying to figure out weather or not it is a conflict of interest that my probation officer and my lacasa councillor are close friends who've stated they have a direct line to each other on my behalf. I also would like to know weather or not it's ok for her to be my probation officer after being my PO for 5 years previously on a youthful offender case. As well as she did the intake for my boyfriend when he was arrested, she knows ins and outs of his case. She will say one thing, once it's completed she wants me to do something else. I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I have no idea what to do. I want to move closer to my son, to obtain a job and better my life as well as his. Where I'm serving probation it's a pit of hell where I'm going no where fast. I would like to transfer to a different county but it seems as if this will be impossible. Please I'm hoping you can help.

I'm on misdemeanor probation it will be a year in November 2016. I am trying to figure out weather or not it is a conflict of interest that my probation officer and my lacasa councillor are close friends who've stated they have a direct line to each other on my behalf.

No, I don't see any conflict there. Even if they weren't acquainted they could still have a direct line to each other. It's how the system works.

I also would like to know weather or not it's ok for her to be my probation officer after being my PO for 5 years previously on a youthful offender case.

No problem there either.

As well as she did the intake for my boyfriend when he was arrested, she knows ins and outs of his case.

Or there.

She will say one thing, once it's completed she wants me to do something else. I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I have no idea what to do. I want to move closer to my son, to obtain a job and better my life as well as his. Where I'm serving probation it's a pit of hell where I'm going no where fast. I would like to transfer to a different county but it seems as if this will be impossible.

You know what, these are the same complaints I read everywhere from everybody who has committed a crime, got caught, got convicted, and is on probation.

The alternative to probation is to serve out your sentence in jail. Which pit of hell do you think you would like better, the one where you are out and about or the one where you spend your time in a jail cell?

Do what you are told without complaint or argument and tough it out until your probation time is over.

Back