Conflict of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmoto

State=Colorado

About a month ago my daughter, backing out of a driveway on a blind hill was charged with reckless driving because a car coming up the hill which she could not view while backing, hit a parked vehicle on the other side of the street. The cops kept her there for two hours and gave her the ticket and says she is at fault. We plan to fight it because the street in question has speeders on it all the time. The drivers (if they were going 25mph, would have PLENTY of time to stop and not plow into the parked car in a panic)
CONFLICT> Today, someone hit her car in the high school parking lot and split. We called in to the principal and the security cameras werent working no one saw who hit her car. I called it in to report a hit and run. An officer called me back and said he can do everything over the phone. I ask, you don't want to see the damage? He replies I don't have to No witnesses, no proof, I just turn in a report. SAME COP WHO GAVE HER THE RECKLESS DRIVING TICKET. He knew this I didn't. I mentioned that he should at least do SOMETHING about it, is he going to the school monday? NO. I told him that it is messed up someone can get away with something to her, but when she does the right thing and stayed at the scene of the accident she gets 100% Blame. Thats when he says IT WAS HER FAULT I GAVE HER THAT TICKET> so I mention of COURSE you won't be doing ANYTHING about it. I knew I should have called her Aunt who is also a cop at least she would do SOMETHING about it. So three hours later in the dark he shows up to say I looked at the damage still nothing I can do. Sorry see ya. Do I do my own investigation? Do I complain? This guy acted like too bad so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back