Company trying to get my social security number again - saying they need it for taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanepiga

I worked for a company since 2006, paid as a contractor. I filled out w9 forms for them, but now after I have left. They had sued a company I owe to try to shut it down and were un successful. They now are asking everyone - but me - for my social security number with the statement they need it for taxes. They are using their lawyers to try to get the information from everyone - but still have not contacted me. Personally, I think they want to do something shady. Since I have filled it out in the past, and they have reported taxes since 2006, I feel I am not required to provide them any further information. I do not receive any money from them any more and I report my taxes properly. How should I handle this without giving them my social again - I think they are being shady, and besides, if they properly reported taxes in the past, they should have my number on file.

You say they are asking everyone except you.... so if they are not asking you for it, why are you concerned? Perhaps they already have it from the forms you previously provided them.

If they aren't asking you for anything then there is nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back