Community Nursing School

M

Marie Reyes

Jurisdiction
Montana
Hello,

In may of 2016, I was accepted into an LPN, which is a 9 month program (after taking prerequisites) at a community college. When I was accepted the LPN, there was a bridge program that lead to the RN which was a 1 year program after LPN, which you also had to be accepted into. I began school in August, which they mentioned to us that the RN might change, but they would be us know by November 1st, however nov. 1st came, and they told us to focus on school, but by January 1st would come and we would know. Well now its almost February and they continue to tell us not to worry and focus on school. From what is online, there is now applications out for the RN program. But now it is a two year program, so I would have to finish my LPN, and then turn around and REPEAT the same program, and then another year and a half from now finally start the RN program. They don't plan on helping out our class, after they had promised they would get us through the RN program, and now won't answer any of our questions. I'm wondering if I have any kind of law suit here. I feel like our entire class is getting screwed and I'm either going to have to move, or pay more money to repeat the exact same program I am about to finish. I feel like this is some form of negligence. Or at least have someone held accountable for wasting everyone's time and money. I took an entire year off of work so I could be in this program, and had to pay out of pocket... I'm just frustrated and am wondering if I have any rights here.

Thanks

I'm just frustrated and am wondering if I have any rights here.

This doesn't involve rights.
I suggest you complete the LPN program, and then worry about the RN program.
Usually the school will offer you some type of compromise, or accommodation.
Don't worry about tomorrow, just get through today.

I have to agree with Army Judge.

What somebody "promised" you is irrelevant if that promise is not part of any written contract that you have with the school.

Back