Parole, Probation Colorado parolee sponser, rights and resposibilties ie: I want him to move out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kknight

Hello, I have a parolee living with me since mid November.
When the P.O. came to my home for the pre-release approval I had explained to her he is my husband whom I was divorcing (final next month) this was to be a very short term arrangement, I expressed my reluctance but she assured me it was understood this was just a stepping stone for him to be able to gain early Parole and informed me that there are programs and help available to find other living arraignments if he was not able to do so on his own.
Is it my responsibility to report any thing about his not coming back to the house after curfew? Or other known violations?
I had given him a written 30 day notice and spoke with the p.o. she then informed me that there is nothing they can do to help him move in some where, she is no longer his P.O and did not know who is since the new P.O. is out for 8 weeks. I left a message with the main office requesting contact from whom ever is handling his case, no response and it has been 2 1/2 weeks.
Also there has been no home visit and I understand that the guidelines state a face to face home visit is required within the first 30 days.
He has had 1 missed u.a. & 1 hot u.a. and has told me his curfew is now 10 p.m. he didn't even come back the other night at all.
He also is out of the psych meds he was given in prison and says he does not need them.
I am concerned for my safety and legal responsibility I do not want to have any trouble.
He has not paid rent and is not working ,he told me his curfew was extended because of work he, says he is buying junk cars and scrapping them.
Are you not required to have a job on paper to comply with the rules?
Should I file a complaint with the main office in Denver about the lack of supervision?
Should I take a copy of the signed acknowledgment of the now past 30 vacate notice to the P.O office?
I am sick from worry and concern any ideas?
Thank you from Colorado

Hello, I have a parolee living with me since mid November.
When the P.O. came to my home for the pre-release approval I had explained to her he is my husband whom I was divorcing (final next month) this was to be a very short term arrangement, I expressed my reluctance but she assured me it was understood this was just a stepping stone for him to be able to gain early Parole and informed me that there are programs and help available to find other living arraignments if he was not able to do so on his own.
Is it my responsibility to report any thing about his not coming back to the house after curfew? Or other known violations?
I had given him a written 30 day notice and spoke with the p.o. she then informed me that there is nothing they can do to help him move in some where, she is no longer his P.O and did not know who is since the new P.O. is out for 8 weeks. I left a message with the main office requesting contact from whom ever is handling his case, no response and it has been 2 1/2 weeks.
Also there has been no home visit and I understand that the guidelines state a face to face home visit is required within the first 30 days.
He has had 1 missed u.a. & 1 hot u.a. and has told me his curfew is now 10 p.m. he didn't even come back the other night at all.
He also is out of the psych meds he was given in prison and says he does not need them.
I am concerned for my safety and legal responsibility I do not want to have any trouble.
He has not paid rent and is not working ,he told me his curfew was extended because of work he, says he is buying junk cars and scrapping them.
Are you not required to have a job on paper to comply with the rules?
Should I file a complaint with the main office in Denver about the lack of supervision?
Should I take a copy of the signed acknowledgment of the now past 30 vacate notice to the P.O office?
I am sick from worry and concern any ideas?
Thank you from Colorado

Relax, what he does is on him.

You're operating in good faith.

Contact the Denver office by telephone and letter.

Tell all you know to the authorities, then move to evict his deadbeat carcass.

Don't worry about what will happen to him, worry about protecting yourself.

This convicted felon is destroying his chances at recovery.

Evict him and notify Denver what you're doing and why.

If you're lucky, they'll come and get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back