Collection threats-Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

desm514

Long story. My company received a call from a "Civil Investigator" who wanted to contact owner for financial investigation. He told our accounting department that he needed to locate financial records. Our rep tried to forward call to her supervisor who was busy, so she asked for his information and what it was in reference to. He gave his name and number and stated that it was in reference to a financial investigation case number 765842 and that questions could be referred to C2C resources. Our accounting rep called C2C, their rep told her it was in reference to a company we canceled our contracts with. Our rep knew that I had been working on the original issue of canceling and that I had stated it was resolved, so she transferred call to me. When I got on the phone with her, I started to explain that several reps had told I from her company that this had been resolved and that I had all my documentation. She said that I didn't know who she was and that once it went to her it was no longer a customer service issue. I said it wasn't a service issue, but that I had tried to resolve the contract several times and was told by three reps that the contacts were no longer in affect and that I sent this in a e-mail to the company supervisor. I then asked her if she was a rep. For the company or a collection agent. She stated that she was a collection agent. I told her that I would resolve this with the original company since their reps stated this was resolved. She asked me it I was the owner of the company, I said no but I was the person they assigned to handle this. She asked me if the owners knew that I would be ruining their credit. I said that I would not be ruining their credit since in order to do that, there would have to be a suit (not to mention that the original company obviously reported this delinquent) and that I had all my documentation.She said my documationation would not hold unless it was a recordered converation and even then she could get it thrown out. I said I was confident in my records. She said then "you let the owner know that you just cause them a lawsuit" and hung up.
I hung up the phone feeling like I had just been threatened and yelled at like a child. Can they talk to people like this? And be so deceptive "civil investigator"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back