Collection Agency Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardhead

Live in Arizona. Was contacted by a ca on 3/5 wanting to collect on a debt. Told the agent the debt was being paid by a debt management company. The parent credit card company has received 3 payments which have not been returned to the dm company. Supplied the company's name, telephone # and the contact person. Within an hour received another call from the ca, different agent. He told me the proposal was ridiculous and wanted a larger payment. His first demand was far the entire amount. Told I could not pay. The payment went to $100.00 which was then reduced to $75.00. He then requested my bank's routing and the bank account number. Refused the request and was told "I will mark you as refused to pay", and "Will forward documents to your county". He named the county in which I reside. Since I have no documentation from this company requested the ca's address for sending a validation letter. He refused to provide the address, told me I had been sent a letter, the debt was validated via the payments I was making, and I was wasting his time. Is this true? I have lived in 4 states since early 2007 and some mail was not forwarded. I am not refusing to pay, but I refuse to provide banking information to a company or person I do not know. Using internet search I cannot find an address for the provided company name or the telephone number. Any idea where I go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back