co-signer for renters lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolores

I've been divorce from my husband for six months now. In 2002 is when the bomb was dropped on me. He co-sign the lease for apartment for a year. The next year he signed again, I was getting money from him to pay, rent and bills. I was going threw depressing and seeking work all at the same time.

I've been doing everything to find work, here there everywhere. He have also sign the lease for this year 2004 wish will run out in December. I do not want to ask him for anything, but I'm in a bond here. Can you tell me, sence he co-sign the lease and I have no money coming in yet do he have to pay the rent.. Would also like some info on co-signing. I'm not trying to get money from him in a bad way. I just need the help Til I find work or the rest of the year. What can I do,

Originally posted by dolores
I've been divorce from my husband for six months now. In 2002 is when the bomb was dropped on me. He co-sign the lease for apartment for a year. The next year he signed again, I was getting money from him to pay, rent and bills. I was going threw depressing and seeking work all at the same time.

I've been doing everything to find work, here there everywhere. He have also sign the lease for this year 2004 wish will run out in December. I do not want to ask him for anything, but I'm in a bond here. Can you tell me, sence he co-sign the lease and I have no money coming in yet do he have to pay the rent.. Would also like some info on co-signing. I'm not trying to get money from him in a bad way. I just need the help Til I find work or the rest of the year. What can I do,

This is difficult to understand but think I got most of what you want to know -- is your ex liable to pay half the rent if he is a co-signator on a lease? The answers it that each of you is responsible to pay half but the landlord can look to each of you to obtain the whole amount of the lease and leave it to the both of you to deal with who owes what. At the end of the month, the landlord is interested in getting his rent and he has a right to get it, whether it's 100% from you, 100% from your ex, or two checks for 50% each. While your ex is responsible to YOU for paying 50% on the lease, the landlord can choose to hold you personally liable (unless stated otherwise) if both of you have jointly signed the lease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back