Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft cmlzip, are you there?? PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcfcnw

cmlzip, you've been offering some worthwhile assistance but have not seen any further replies to my several additional reply posts.......

my original thread was the need lawyer for first time petty theft??

recent update -
took your suggestion to contact store and here's what has taken place:
called store, store mgr out till next week, asst mgr said I should receive something in mail, when I told her I had not, she said I could call the home office which I did; the lady at home office in loss prevention section looked up my name and address and birthdate and said 3 letters had been mailed and all were stamped return to sender and returned to post office. Told her I wanted to discuss what could be worked out and she said I would have to wait to receive a letter; I exlained my court date was next Tuesday and wanted to discuss with them before then; she said she would put in to have letter resent tomorrow and I should receive in 3-5 days and I said that that would be after court date and asked what I could do now, she daid she couldn't discuss anything till I got the letter.
The address was verified as correct.
SO, should I contact DA or prosecutor and explain about this and also ask for a PTI ?

PLEASE HELP

please reply to questions I had in my other thread and last posts there and ALSO to this one.

Yes, just call your local D.A.'s office and tell the secretary your situation and tell her you want to request PTI so that when you arrive in court, they'll just call your name and give you the PTI paper and then you can leave until your next court appearance (trial). At your next court appearance the judge will call you forward and he'll likely give you probation for 6 months to a year and community service and a fine. As long as you don't do anything criminal and you complete all of the service, then the charge will be wiped clean off your record. If you don't call the D.A.'s office, they may still give you PTI providing you don't have a record. By the way, how old are you?

thanks for your suggestions.

did you read my original thread and posts there, too?

50 in a few weeks

will the secretary be able to tell me I am accepted for PTI when I call to request??

so when I go next week, I won't have to enter any plea?

cmlzip - what kind of service??

could you also answer the other questions I asked in the other thread ?

where did you learn all your legal advice info?

cmlzip - see post at end of other thread and then it continues here

county DA office did not know of PTI either. She said at next week's court date it is arraignment and between me and judge no DA then, right now it is between me and the courts and that I would have to ask judge for PTI.

Why is your info not working for me??

Is it time to get a Free consulation from a lawyer?

Ask her the entire phrase. Don't ask her like you know all of tlhe ins and outs about law. Ask about pre-trial intervention.

Community Service means either you are picking up trash on the side of the road or you are pulling weeds at a church or fire department, etc... If you want to do crimes, our society will damn sure humiliate you so that you won't do it again next time.

If you can't get straight answers from the D.A.'s office then contact the public defender's office and tell them that you need help being put on PTI (pre-trial intervention).

so first I should try to speak directly with DA and ask for pre trial intervention and if no help there, then contact ANY public defender's office with help to assist with PTI???

you had said ask about PTI and that's what I did.

SO, I should try to speak directly to DA and if no assistance, then check with ANY public defenders office???

Community Service, is it a set time, that is you HAVE to do it at certain times OR do you have some choice in when and what to choose???

Yeah they will give you a list of where you can do community service and you can go there when you have free time if they allow and if not you'll have to go on weekends. The courts usually give you 1 year to complete and in your case, you'll probably be given 64 hours.

Just call the D.A.'s office and say that you would like to request pre-trial intervention for a case that you are about to enter into. If they won't allow it then you will need to get a lawyer to file for it for you.

say if you were given community service weekends, but are otherwise commited to say caring for elderly parents then, can you ask to do the service during other free time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back