Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Clueless about Florida law. Need help !

March2014

So My husband was arrested due to supposably having cociane residue on him when wasn't using nothing. He was in the car with people who had it and sadly He ended up having residue on hispants from the seat. All He had was an initial appearance and He has been in jail for 40 + plus days. He haven't recieved nothing from the attorney and nothing has been said. What should he do , I'm his spouse and I've never dealt with these situation before. It's his first offense and he has a bail but I can't afford it. So what should he do in respect to his case. The correctional officer told him after a certain amount of days they are suppose to release him on his own. Please some one help me. I'm confused.

So My husband was arrested due to supposably having cociane residue on him when wasn't using nothing. He was in the car with people who had it and sadly He ended up having residue on hispants from the seat. All He had was an initial appearance and He has been in jail for 40 + plus days. He haven't recieved nothing from the attorney and nothing has been said. What should he do , I'm his spouse and I've never dealt with these situation before. It's his first offense and he has a bail but I can't afford it. So what should he do in respect to his case. The correctional officer told him after a certain amount of days they are suppose to release him on his own. Please some one help me. I'm confused.

Yes, in some cases for first offenders, they can get released on the "promise to appear" and participate in theor court action.
How long?
It could be soon, maybe another couple weeks, maybe a month.
Suggest him to ask his public defender about it.
Plus, be prepared to learn more about his charge being CHARGES!!!!
Most people that get arrested, rarely tell the whole story.
Until he is in your home, don't ask either, as anything he says to anyone is recorded.
Don't allow him to say anything MORE about his case until he is inside your home!

Back