1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

clear record form federal felony? Criminal Records, Expungement

Discussion in 'Criminal Records, Expungement' started by yamyam, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yamyam

yamyam Law Topic Starter New Member

Is there any possibilitiy to clear my record from a felony under federal law?

I committed that felony 8 years ago, never spent time in prison. Probation is over since six years. Now I have to look for a job and my felony is causing big trouble.

I heard there is no way to clear my record because it is a felony under federal law. Can I at least reduce the felony to a misdemeanor?

2. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

Not all felonies can be "expunged" and it depends upon the state you are in whether or not they can be so expunged. This typically requires petitioning the court to do so. You may wish to ask a clerk in federal court regarding steps or it might be best to search for an attorney (may cost $2,500 - $7,500 and may take up to a year for records to be removed, if granted.) Contact us at info@thelaw.com should you need assistance in locating an attorney.