Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Class C misdeomenor (Theft under $50)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shree2012

I have class C misdemonor in walmart theft under $50. arrested and fingerprinted.

I took no consent with 3month probation,paid 250$fine and later case dismissed.

Will it come under CIMT? Will it show up in FBI background check?

will it effect my greencard?

thanks

If ultimately it was dismissed after you completed the probation period then you do not have a conviction.
Although there may not be a record of a criminal conviction, the record of the arrest may still show up.
I don't believe this is something that will effect a green card.

What does no consent mean? Is it the same as no Contest? Because I have a court date on oct.4 I was charged for theft 4 it's my first time and it was exactly $50 for the items I was also arrested and finger printed.

He meant no contest.

Ask for the court to appoint an attorney when you go. Don't show up and make a plea without representation.

Will I be able to request some time off or change date til I give birth does court allow that? Professional advice needed.

If you have a medical need you can get it pushed back. You would need to contact the court for instructions.
It is very possible that your upcoming appearance will be your only appearance... unless for some reason with your circumstances you want a jury trial.

Personally... although it shouldn't matter... I think you would be better off to show up in court at the height of pregnancy.

I am willing to show up on my arraignment Im just concern that I will have to go back again after that when my due date is becoming close.. Perhaps I should ask my doctor for proof that I'm giving birth soon if they schedule for meeting or trial? Thank you for the quick response!

Unless you are being accused of doing something you did not do it is unlikely you would want to go to trial. For a petty offense like this, depending on where you live, it is very possible that after a quick meeting with the public defender a plea agreement would be worked out promptly with no need to return at a later date. Even if you do have to return, contact the court and obtain instructions for how to request a continuance if you are unable to attend for a medical reason. They will set a new date for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back