class b misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shropsters

hi, in december 2006 i was arrested for driving with a suspended license. my license was suspended because i had a no insurance ticket, and, in texas you have to pay a fine to dps for 3 years. i had moved and did not know about the dps fees, so, i was arrested, bonded out and still have not heard anything. i called the county clerk to make sure it had not gone to docket, and it has not. in the meantime i have paid all:) 3 yrs of the fees and have kept continuous insurance on my vehicles. i wrote to the da in the county and requested time served since i have taken care of all obligations. is this something they may consider, and also, how long do they have to file the charge with the county clerk? thanks for any suggestions. :)

If you are wanting to know if there is a warrant out for your arrest, go to the county where you got in trouble and ask the sheriff to run your record.

there is no warrant, they just havent submitted the charges to the county clerk. my question is; is there a specific timeframe for them to submit the charges to the county clerk? the offense happened over a year ago.

Q: my question is; is there a specific timeframe for them to submit the charges to the county clerk? the offense happened over a year ago.

A: GENERALLY a misdemeanor charge must be filed within one year of the commission of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back