Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Class B misdemeanor (interference)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janedoe777

I was arrested for "interference with police activity". An acquaintance was getting arrested outside a bar, because the bartender called the police on her. I went to ask them where she was going, because her husband was going to meet up with us. I had never been in that town before and wanted to let her husband know where they were taking her. As I walked up to the police, at least 4 officers surrounded me and one yelled at the top of his lungs, "interference"... I was hand cuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car. I had no clue why! I'm 39 years old and have never been in trouble, safe a few speeding tickets. I have a college degree and a great career. I was a SGT in the US Army, serving 2 tours in Iraq. I have NO clue what to do when I appear in court, as I was given a court date... My friend got a class C misdemeanor for public intoxication and my offense was worse, class B. What should I do? Present my case alone at court or hire an attorney? Does this merit jail time?

I was arrested for "interference with police activity". An acquaintance was getting arrested outside a bar, because the bartender called the police on her. I went to ask them where she was going, because her husband was going to meet up with us. I had never been in that town before and wanted to let her husband know where they were taking her. As I walked up to the police, at least 4 officers surrounded me and one yelled at the top of his lungs, "interference"... I was hand cuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car. I had no clue why! I'm 39 years old and have never been in trouble, safe a few speeding tickets. I have a college degree and a great career. I was a SGT in the US Army, serving 2 tours in Iraq. I have NO clue what to do when I appear in court, as I was given a court date... My friend got a class C misdemeanor for public intoxication and my offense was worse, class B. What should I do? Present my case alone at court or hire an attorney? Does this merit jail time?

You don't want ANY criminal conviction on your record.
As this is a County Court case, things will be somewhat less formal.
So, until court time, stay out of all other trouble.
Appear in court, hire a lawyer, you'd be crazy not to hire one.
Plead not guilty at your hearing, make no admissions, don't explain, and ask for a jury trial.
If you need more time to hire a lawyer, ask the court for a couple weeks to retain one, but get busy today hiring your defense lawyer.
Until you hire the lawyer, don't discuss this matter with anyone, just get busy hiring the lawyer.
And or goodness sakes, most of what you posted is irrelevant.
That's why you need an attorney to keep you from saying something that hurts, not helps.
No, this won't mean jail time, but it surely could ruin your chances to better your station in life.

Last edited:
You definitely don't want to present your case without a lawyer - the lawyer can help get you the best outcome possible. Talk only to the lawyer about your case. I don't see jail time either based on what you posted.

Keep on mind that you don't have to present much of anything. The police have to present evidence that you commited an offense.
Speak with an attorney, but wait to see what happens before you worry too much. A lack of evidence could result in the whole thing washing out.

Thank you, all, kindly for your input. No, I, certainly, wouldn't be so verbal and state what I've stated here. I just needed some input... So thank you. I have hired an attorney, a good one, and he has begun working on my case. He stated there was a "Veteran's Court" that we my present in instead of the regular court... He appears very confident that the outcome will be a great one considering my clean record. However, it may take a long time to "fix" this. Thanks again for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back