Sentencing, Plea Bargains Class A felony court date

jackreeder1212

I got put on probation for controlled substance in a school zone 8 years ago because I took the wrap for somebocy else. I received 8 years probation and my eight years would be up in June2015. I was ordered to go to rehab and when I was in the halfway house I got kicked out for dating a guy that also stayed there at the half way home. So They are revcoking my probation and I am due to be in court tomorrow. I do not feel my attorney has been honest with me bc she said she could foresure get me one offer and it has not came through the offer I got 3 days ago was 10 years. I tried to say agree to 5 and they said as low as they will go is 9 years I can not do this much time. I need some time to come up with more money for a down payment on a good attorney. In court tommoroow Can I fire my court appointed attorney and will the judge grant a extension for me to get a new attorney? Or is is to late

I have a class A felony I am serving years probation for which years is up june2015 unfortunately I have messed up several times during the years I am now out on bond bc they rervoked me for dating a guy in the same halfway house as me and I am being offered 10 years I am grasping at straws. I have a court appointed attorney who is crap. the advice I was given is to hire a top notch attorney but the problem is my court hearing is tomorrow. Is it a option for me to fire my attorney tomorrow at court and be granted a extension on my sentencing for me to have time to get a new attorney?

Please post your question in only one thread, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a class A felony I am serving years probation for which years is up june2015 unfortunately I have messed up several times during the years I am now out on bond bc they rervoked me for dating a guy in the same halfway house as me and I am being offered 10 years I am grasping at straws. I have a court appointed attorney who is crap. the advice I was given is to hire a top notch attorney but the problem is my court hearing is tomorrow. Is it a option for me to fire my attorney tomorrow at court and be granted a extension on my sentencing for me to have time to get a new attorney?

What you suggest is done every day in our many Texas court rooms.
However, if you are granted the continuance and time to hire new counsel, it'll be your last gasp.
So, for your sake, choose wisely and do so without fail.

Back