Civil Liberties Violations?

F

fightingforhim

Jurisdiction
Virginia
My fiancé was on bond for 4 counts of taking money under false pretenses, a case that had been ongoing for almost 3 years now. We had to take work out of state but had been traveling back and forth for every court hearing. He needed emergency surgery and missed a trial date so his bondsman came after him. He turned himself in, before being signed off as healthy by his surgeon. He served the maximum 15 days for the Failure to appear but the prosecutor requested his bond be denied. We had medical records and a letter from the surgeon saying he missed his hearing due to having surgery but his attorney left the paperwork at his office instead of bringing to court. The judge ultimately denied the bond until the trial starts, they wouldn't even allow GPS surveillance.

Is also important to note that he is a colon cancer survivor and has a permanent ostomy attached to him at all times. He is not getting proper medical care and has lost 15 pounds in just four short weeks. Can you tell me if I have any recourse in helping get him out of there? I have requested his medical documents from the physician and hospital, for whatever good that would do. last week the prosecutor had him moved from the medical ward into general population, knowing that was his worst fear with an ostomy (He did not see a surgeon or gastroenterologist who signed off on him being moved from the medical ward). Now they are making an EXTREMELLY unreasonable offer in exchange for him pleading guilty to four misdemeanors of which he is not guilty of none. Are his civil liberties being violated? Is he being held unjustly?

Please help me anyway that youcan, we have already paid our attorney almost $20,000 up until this point to fight this case and there is no more money for another attorney.

Thank you so much for your time.

His attorney is in the best position to help him not a bunch of strangers on an internet forum. His attorney is most familiar with his case and the court system in whatever county this is.

Agree that there really isn't anything we can do or tell you. Your best bet is to work with your attorney. Good luck.

I will just add that unless he was in surgery at the time of the trial, he should have notified the court he was unable to attend before the actual trial date.

My fiancé was on bond for 4 counts of taking money under false pretenses, a case that had been ongoing for almost 3 years now. We had to take work out of state but had been traveling back and forth for every court hearing. He needed emergency surgery and missed a trial date so his bondsman came after him. He turned himself in, before being signed off as healthy by his surgeon. He served the maximum 15 days for the Failure to appear but the prosecutor requested his bond be denied. We had medical records and a letter from the surgeon saying he missed his hearing due to having surgery but his attorney left the paperwork at his office instead of bringing to court. The judge ultimately denied the bond until the trial starts, they wouldn't even allow GPS surveillance.

Is also important to note that he is a colon cancer survivor and has a permanent ostomy attached to him at all times. He is not getting proper medical care and has lost 15 pounds in just four short weeks. Can you tell me if I have any recourse in helping get him out of there? I have requested his medical documents from the physician and hospital, for whatever good that would do. last week the prosecutor had him moved from the medical ward into general population, knowing that was his worst fear with an ostomy (He did not see a surgeon or gastroenterologist who signed off on him being moved from the medical ward). Now they are making an EXTREMELLY unreasonable offer in exchange for him pleading guilty to four misdemeanors of which he is not guilty of none. Are his civil liberties being violated? Is he being held unjustly?

Please help me anyway that youcan, we have already paid our attorney almost $20,000 up until this point to fight this case and there is no more money for another attorney.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sad story on all counts.
Just plug along trying to believe the best result will prevail, because you'll have to accept the result no matter what it is.
Prisoners do receive medical care, especially those with serious medical difficulties.

Back