civil demand letter

TweetB05

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
I was caught shoplifting and the police were called. But I didn't get charged with any thing but criminal impersonation and I went To Court and I was fine and I am paying on it. And I move From My Old hose to My new how and I went to go check the mail and I got a civil demand letter and I called them and ask why did I have to Pay and she ask for My social security number (and I gave it to them) they ask for My new address( and I gave it to them). And I set up a payment plan which is due tomorrow and someone told me That I didn't have to Pay. I am confuse and wonder if I should Pay or not due to the fact that I gave them My personal information.

I was caught shoplifting and the police were called. But I didn't get charged with any thing but criminal impersonation and I went To Court and I was fine and I am paying on it. And I move From My Old hose to My new how and I went to go check the mail and I got a civil demand letter and I called them and ask why did I have to Pay and she ask for My social security number (and I gave it to them) they ask for My new address( and I gave it to them). And I set up a payment plan which is due tomorrow and someone told me That I didn't have to Pay. I am confuse and wonder if I should Pay or not due to the fact that I gave them My personal information.

A civil demand isn't a court order, its a demand that the law allows the merchant to make to cover their alleged costs for THIEVES.

You should never give any personal information to anyone, especially over the telephone.
If that ever happens again, tell the person you don't discuss anything over the telephone, send you a letter.

As to the matter at hand, the merchant's agent could eventually sue you, if you don't pay.

Only YOU can decide if you should pay.

If you choose not to pay, it isn't a crime.
That doesn't mean it won't make trouble for you.
The merchant's agent could eventually sue you, and that could end up costing you much, much, more.

I suggest you fix your life, turn things around, and don't break anymore of their laws.

Yes I Understand That I Was Breaking The Laws And I Have Learned My Lesson. But Do You Think It Would Be Best To Pay Because Of The Fact That I Gave Out My Information.

Yes I Understand That I Was Breaking The Laws And I Have Learned My Lesson. But Do You Think It Would Be Best To Pay Because Of The Fact That I Gave Out My Information.

If you want ALL of this madness to end, give the devil the money he demands.

If the store subscribes to a Retail theft database (there are several and not all stores use them) then your name is likely in there. What you need to worry about is the possible consequences if you ignore Civil Demand. Read the links provided by myself and others

Back