Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

motheroftwo

I am the custodial parent of my child. The state has issued a court date for child support from the non-custodial parent. If I do not show up for court, can they still issue child support from the non-custodial parent?

I am the custodial parent of my child. The state has issued a court date for child support from the non-custodial parent. If I do not show up for court, can they still issue child support from the non-custodial parent?

If you "no show', you might open a NEW can of worms.

The court can do many things, to BOTH of you.

No one can predict as to what the court MIGHT do.

If you're smart, you won't risk sanctions by NOT appearing.

I didn't get any papers that said I had to be in court.. The only reason I found out is because I was informed by someone that speaks to him. As of right now, he is in jail. This is why I was confused. I didn't press charges but I had to get some government assistant and the only way they can help you, is if you check a box stated that you allow the state to go after child support from the non-custodial parent. So, does this still have anything to do with me?

I didn't get any papers that said I had to be in court.. The only reason I found out is because I was informed by someone that speaks to him. As of right now, he is in jail. This is why I was confused. I didn't press charges but I had to get some government assistant and the only way they can help you, is if you check a box stated that you allow the state to go after child support from the non-custodial parent. So, does this still have anything to do with me?

Yes, it sure does have something to do with you.

You might want to check with your caseworker, and see what she or he advises.

They are going to make sure that if the deadbeat ever comes into any money, they get some of the money the taxpayers are going to give you, back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back