Naturalization, Citizenship Child having US citizen Father on Paper but not Biologically

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybill

Hi,

My son is registered in the Philippines having a birth certificate saying that his father is an American Citizen. But in reality, his biological father is Filipino. We found out about the paternity 6 months after he was born because when I delivered him he resembled his American Dad so much. 6 months later, we found out that it was my xboyfriend, who is a Filipino, is his real father. We are planning to apply for a K1 fiancee visa including my son. We know that one of the main requirements of the US embassy here in the Philippines is to have a DNA test. What should we do? Should we change the birth certificate of my son using my last name? Should my American fiancee file for adoption? Even if the child is in his name already and the biological father of my son has not supported me since childbirth?

You have to be more concerned about the laws in the Philippines about taking a child that has a Father there. If the Father of the child doesn't want to be involved you should get a relinquishment of rights to the child from him. Then you have no problems moving to the US to marry your fiancee. DO NOT LIE. If you get caught the consequences could be severe. Deal with it correctly.

same issue

Question?

Were you and American father (not biological) are married before your son was born?
I would be gladly to give you some advice, since we had similar issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back