Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant charges nollo pross

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidebar1969

I was arrested last year 2005 and was offered to have the charges nollo prossed and dropped if I went throught the courts PreTrial Intrevention. I completed and had the charges were dropped and the disposition was nollo prossed comp pti. My question is, I was offered a job contingent on a background check. On my application, questions were asked about convictions were asked and to which I denied or check "no". My record is not sealed as I had an arrest sealed 14 years ago. Can I be denied this job if they find an arrest record but no conviction after offering it to me?

sidebar1969 said:
I was arrested last year 2005 and was offered to have the charges nollo prossed and dropped if I went throught the courts PreTrial Intrevention. I completed and had the charges were dropped and the disposition was nollo prossed comp pti. My question is, I was offered a job contingent on a background check. On my application, questions were asked about convictions were asked and to which I denied or check "no". My record is not sealed as I had an arrest sealed 14 years ago. Can I be denied this job if they find an arrest record but no conviction after offering it to me?
Of coarse they can deny you a job for any given reason. But you were honest with them that you were not convicted so it shouldn't even show up on your background check. If you want to try to get a few more replys check go here

Well the background check didn't have any impact on my getting the job. After all was said and done I got the job; an 80k job with great benefits. I thought that having an arrest but no conviction would have impeaded me but it didn't. So for all of you in the same situation, good luck and don't worry too much ( I sure as hell did).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back