Personal Bankruptcy Chapter 7 BK no asset PLEASE HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSteven

If the courts go back 3 months on one of my credit cards they will see I incurred $500 a month in eating out costs. I heard that if you spend more than $500 on luxuries during those three months, the BK won't go through, is this true?

Background info: I have been mentally disabled with OCD, bipolar, and binge eating disorder and have been living on SSI for the past 7 years. Since I haven't been able to pay my share of rent to my boyfriend/roommate, he said I could pay it when I get a job but asked I buy all groceries and make meals.
*Since my depression and anxiety, I have trouble sleeping and wake up late. When he gets home, he has to often go to band practice or some other music related event and wants something to eat, so I usually end up charging food.

My dr. is now prescribing me schizophrenia medicine for the flat symptoms of SZ known as avolition, inability to maintain goal-directed activities. *I end making lists for hours (OCD) and can't carry out.

Do I file now or 3 mo.when I don't have what they may consider luxury eating? I have been able to keep up with my credit card minimums up until today. But now my card is pretty much maxed out, even if i stop the luxury spending, I still can't pay rent or afford all the groceries.

Do I just stop paying my credit cards and file BK Chapter 7 with no assets or still not pay rent to my roomate but pay cards? My not paying rent has now caused him to run into problems paying his credit cards.

PLEASE ADVISE
THANKS!!!!!

P.S. I owe 9g on a AAA credit card and 3.5g on a Sears Credit Card. I also owe 3.5g on a Guitar Center card I let my b/f use b/c I couldn't pay rent and b/c I couldn't pay my share of rent he is having trouble paying this one and his cards (he isn't filing though, he just stopped paying his other ones and if I don't start paying my share of rent said he is going to stop paying this one).

I also owe 26g in student loans I am trying to get discharged through chapter 7 because paying them would cause undue hardship. Even if the credit cards are discharged, my SSI and food stamps won't be enough to cover rent, utility share and groceries, etc. I am in 2nd forbearance on student loans (Stafford Direct Loans).

It doesn't matter, I am going to do BK Chapt. 7 non-asset hardship through legal-aid if possible. I stopped paying CCs and am paying it directly towards rent & utilities. I found help at BK forums here, not by lawyers, but by people who have gone through the process: http://www.bkforum.com/

Thanks

First off, I'm not a lawyer. Go to your local Department of Social Services and explain your circumstances to them. You may qualify for aid and possibly relief. You definitely will get some sort of direction for your life from one of the counselors. I wouldn't file for bankruptcy for this low amount. AFTER, visiting someone from Social Services, call one of those non profit credit counseling services. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back