Center of the river

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachfront2

My deed says to the center of the river, my neighbor's deed says to the center of the river I have lived here for 9 years and now my neighbor wants to claim the whole river saying he wants to go by my deed measurements not the center of the river. The river has not moved in any great amount since we bought the property but they claim it has. If you go by the measurements it does not follow the river. I have some of his side and he has some of mine. They are not very reasonable people and we will probably wind up in court. any advise or thoughts.

This is not legal Advise!

If both your deeds say to the centre of the river then that is the way it stays!
If the river has moved, it is not a problem because the official deed say's "center" you both signed to the same agreement. which means you both had the deed checked.

If you were to go into a shop and see a Plant for sale and the shop keeper said this plant is $10, and you had the shop put the item aside with an agreed purchase. Then at the end of the week, you went back to pick it up it had grown 2 feet. Then the shop keeper say's the plant is now $30 because it has grown. Would you pay? it is the same princeble.

A deed is an agreement, thats why deeds were invented for boundry and tax reasons.

I would read you deeds carfully and examine the contents of how and why they can be changed. (REMEMBER!!!!!! this is only my opinion and not the LAW!)

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back