Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeleyes3102

Im not sure what to do about the problem im having...My best friend at the time helped me get a cell phone, i was just to pay the bill and it was in his name..The first month I paid it and it was really high which i dont think i used over my time but he said it was $250 so i gave him the money,when the second bill came him and i werent talking anymore b/c of some problems and he knew i was having money problems and told me he would pay the bill for me since i was a single mom and having money issues..now he is claiming he never said that and never made that agreement with me and i dont know what to do..he is threatening to take me to court for small claims..Can he really do this even though he told me he would cover it..Not only did he tell me he also told my mother this..Please help me..im not trying to screw him over i just dont have the money and he told me he would pay for it.. thanks

You should ask for a copy of the 250 dollar bill. that is unreasonably high unless you were on the phone about 8 hours a day. I think he ripped you off. So you may have a countersuit. Plus whos name is on the phone??

The cell phone is in his name not mine...we dont even talk so he wont show me the bill...i just need to know if he has a case..like i said im a single mom and he told me he would cover it since i wasnt able to work due to being ill..thank you

Originally posted by angeleyes3102
The cell phone is in his name not mine...we dont even talk so he wont show me the bill...i just need to know if he has a case..like i said im a single mom and he told me he would cover it since i wasnt able to work due to being ill..thank you

I'm not sure if he has a case, but I don't see how he can make you pay a bill without you getting a receipt of payment.

Originally posted by angeleyes3102
Im not sure what to do about the problem im having...My best friend at the time helped me get a cell phone, i was just to pay the bill and it was in his name..The first month I paid it and it was really high which i dont think i used over my time but he said it was $250 so i gave him the money,when the second bill came him and i werent talking anymore b/c of some problems and he knew i was having money problems and told me he would pay the bill for me since i was a single mom and having money issues..now he is claiming he never said that and never made that agreement with me and i dont know what to do..he is threatening to take me to court for small claims..Can he really do this even though he told me he would cover it..Not only did he tell me he also told my mother this..Please help me..im not trying to screw him over i just dont have the money and he told me he would pay for it.. thanks
To begin, the phone is in his name and his responsibility. He is the one on the hook. He would also have to prove the existence of an agreement, and that would be difficult.

If he takes you to small claims, he better be able to prove his claims or you could countersue him for the amount he would owe you if you didn't make all those calls in addition to a false prosecution! He can say whatever he wants but he will be accountable for his actions in court and, where there is a bill with an itemized account, it is usually pretty easy to figure out who owes what, although there may be a dispute as to who made the calls. You may want to tell him that it makes no sense to go to court, especially if he doesn't want to go over the bills with you first. If he refuses.... than he may just be bluffing and trying to extract money from you because, after all, why wouldn't he just show you the bills for what you owe? Get that answer from him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back