cell phone harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

magareb

My friend and I share a cell phone account and for months we have been getting "restricted" phone calls whereby the caller Never says anything. Footnote: My friend is going through a divorce and we strongly believe that it is coming from someone in his camp as well as him. Is there a way we could do something about it? The phone company says all we need is a subpeona from the court. What is it that we need to say or what should be our approach to the court?

Secondly, an email address was created in my friend's name detailing certain things going on and allegedly going on in her life emailed back to her authentic email address from the fake address. What can we do about that? Isn't there a way to trace what computer that it came from???

Please help.... thanks any and ALL info is appreciated

Report the fake email address to the email hosting site. Also, she may ask her host site to trace where the email is coming from. They may be able to trace where the account is originating from but may need a court order/subpeona like the phone also. Make copies of all the emails and have your friend take them to court with her for the judge to see the harassment. She should log all of these phantom calls, dates and times and or take the bill in with her to court to help obtain the subpeona. If the court believes it is the husband harassing her, some type of restraining order may be put in place, but not sure how if it's someone from the husband's "camp" but there may be a way, so pursue it with her lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back