Cell Phone Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishPoet

About a year and a half ago, I moved in with my cousin who was wanting to switch cell phone providers. I currently had a provider and we decided that I would add a line to my account, make her an authorized user and she would pay her line and I would pay mine. In between this time I ended up moving and changed area codes. I was informed by my cell phone provider that since I did this, the original contract was void to the best of my knowledge. I took that to mean I was no longer reliable for her line. She was still paying it at this time so I thought nothing about it. Today, I find out that my service is about to be interrupted because of non-payment and the account is over 700 dollars past due soon to be going to a collection agency. So, it is going to ruin my credit. I got in contact with my cousin and she told me that because I owe her fiance money (which has nothing to do with this and is a small amount anyway) she figured I could pay that bill and we would be even. I don't think that's fair for her to run up the bill and then hand it to me. she knows I can't afford that and she told me she can't pay it. I want to know what my rights are and what I need to do. I have an email stating that she "can't pay it" and doesn't know how "she got it that high". Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back