Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Causes For Dismissal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMURF118

I just wanted to know what may some causes for dismissal for robbery in the first degree. My boyfriend did not commit the robbery but knows who did and that person is the one that said he did it. The did not bring the other person into custody or question him so now he's off and my boyfriend is in jail for it. We are just trying to find out how this charge may be dismissed, under what circumstances can the charge be dismissed?

I just wanted to know what may some causes for dismissal for robbery in the first degree. My boyfriend did not commit the robbery but knows who did and that person is the one that said he did it. The did not bring the other person into custody or question him so now he's off and my boyfriend is in jail for it. We are just trying to find out how this charge may be dismissed, under what circumstances can the charge be dismissed?
How about a "not guilty" plea? Why did they arrest your boyfriend? Did your boyfriend commit the robbery with someone else? The bottom line is that the state must prove the elements of the crime. If they cannot, the case should be dismissed. Other than some other unusual factor at play, it sounds like you need to provide us with a little more information to make a meaningful response.

my boyfriend didnt commit the crime at all. what happened is a guy that he had just met told the cops that my boyfriend asked to borrow is coat and then robbed the store. that same night my boyfriend had seen a magazine that the cops said he supposedly took in the guys room. the one thing the cops showed my boyfriend was a picture of the robber, and in the picture the man is covering his face with his hand. he has the same coat that the guy owns, but of course he said my boyfriend borrowed his jacket. my boyfriend doesnt even have any clothes there because they lost his luggage on greyhound, because he went to oklahoma for an orientation. the guy that accused him was also at the orientation, but they arrest my boyfriend bc the guy tells the cops that he let my boyfriend borrow his coat. at this point its word against word, and we just want to see what we can do about it. he has already pleaded not guilty and his court date is Oct 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back