Caught Speeding: Moving to Another State

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCHIEFSFAN

First of all, GREAT SITE!!! There is a plethora of information available here and some wonderful advice as well.

Here is my scenario: I was clocked doing 75 in a 55 while passing a truck yesterday. My family and I are moving to Florida on June 29th. The court appearance is set for July 6th. I called the prosecuting DA and explained my situation, admitting guilt on the speeding ticket, but asked for leniency, due to my clean driving record. He faxed me an "Application For Reduction of Charges" and had me sign in several places marked "X". The charge was reduced to "failure to obey a traffic device", which is only two points on my license, versus the four I was looking at with the speeding ticket. I graciously thanked the DA for being so considerate.

Here's my question:

This is the only violation on my record. Will this follow me to Florida when I get a new license in two weeks? How will this affect my insurance?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

This is the only violation on my record. Will this follow me to Florida when I get a new license in two weeks? How will this affect my insurance?

No one can answer those questions. The violation is supposed to follow but sometimes they get lost in a situation such as yours.

The insurance depends entirely on your carrier. I would notify them of the move and your new address asap. They usually run a MVR when there is a significant change in a policy and after that it depends on the individual company how ofter they will check your record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back