Criminal Records, Expungement career over due to misdamenors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLDIELOCS1972

I recently got terminated from my job an never had a problem getting another one. but due to a nasty divorce i obtained 3 misdamenors. one for vilotion court order, viloation domestic violence order, an harrasing phone calls. how can I get these removed from my record. I am already divorced my exhusband abandoned me an my son remarried an I had no finaces to fight him now I have no job an can't obtained one due to my record. Please help how or can I have them removed.

Originally posted by GOLDIELOCS1972:
I recently got terminated from my job an never had a problem getting another one. but due to a nasty divorce i obtained 3 misdamenors. one for vilotion court order, viloation domestic violence order, an harrasing phone calls. how can I get these removed from my record. I am already divorced my exhusband abandoned me an my son remarried an I had no finaces to fight him now I have no job an can't obtained one due to my record. Please help how or can I have them removed.
It is possible that you might qualify for expungement and the law and procedure varies according to state. The following has been posted before and are general guidelines to the laws that apply to most states.

If you were arrested and either (a) ultimately pled guilty or no contest; AND (b) had adjudication of guilt "withheld" then it is possible to have your record sealed. Sealing criminal history involves two stages (1) adjudication of guilt must have been "withheld", and (2) the offense must qualify for sealing.

Eligibility sealing or expungement of records will vary from state to state. Generally, the procedure is as follows:
  • Written application to seal record filed with Court
  • Original sentence must have been served
  • Applicant is facing no new charges
  • Note: The applicant faces the burden to prove that any probation requirements have been fulfilled
Additional Requirements to Seal or Expunge Records:
  • Most felonies not eligible for expungement
  • Most sex offenses not eligible for sealing
  • Sealing typically applicable to juvenile offenses and or misdemeanors
  • If acquitted (found "not guilty" after trial) you can automatically have records sealed
  • Some states permit a prior sealed conviction to be used in sentencing for repeat offenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back