Car wreck with someone elses car insurance says insurance was lasped that month

F

foxguy95

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I asked a qustion a bit ago about a situation where i used my mothers car and backed in to another vehicle. After calling her insurance at the time they are cliaming they denied that claim becuase insurance was lasped that month. My mother says it wasnt and it seems sketchy that insurance is lasped the one month that its needed. My big qustion is where does this put me. I didnt own a car at the time so i had no insurnce. We thought i was covered under hers to use the car that night but with them stateing its lasped i dont quite know what my next move should be. Im being sued by the owners and the insurnce of the car i backed into for more then i could ever pay

Thank yall for the help

After calling her insurance at the time they are cliaming they denied that claim becuase insurance was lasped that month. My mother says it wasnt

Then she'd darn well better have payment records to prove that it shouldn't have lapsed.

it seems sketchy that insurance is lasped the one month that its needed

That's the way it ALWAYS happens. Nothing sketchy about it. People don't pay proper attention to their insurance and think it's OK until something does happen and they get the bad news.

where does this put me

In a deep hole.

i dont quite know what my next move should be. Im being sued by the owners and the insurnce of the car i backed into for more then i could ever pay

Then maybe you should consider a bankruptcy lawyer instead of a liability defense lawyer.

Ditto. If mom paid her insurance she should have evidence of that. She either didn't pay it or you are working with a small time shady company

Back