Car trade gone Sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martiancomputer

I recenetly traded a dodge stealth for a 78 camaro.. I got hte car from a mechanic sort of guy. anyway the camaro was in his garage and once we did the paper work he took the stealth.. The camaro interior is unfinished and he was going to help me finish all the mechanical work needed. The rest was up to me.. I was suppose to get some mint parts like the dash and seatbelts and back seats, however he never gave them to me he gave me trashed seatbelts in the wrong color, and a shot dash. He also refused to give me the rest of the parts I needed like switches and the headliner. The stealth had engine trouble the day after he got it and that is why he wouldent give me the parts, I am not a mechanic he is. He should have known before I would that the engine might have trouble, SO what can I do and how would I go about doing small claims court for the parts and labor value. I live in PA Thanks, Mike

This isn't going to be such an easy case. It would seem that the deal was 'as is' and while he may be stuck with the Stealth, you may have a difficult time getting the parts you need from him unless you can prove that this was a part of the deal. This comes down to your word against his and it's difficult to say what may or may not happen in court. Good luck!

Originally posted by Martiancomputer
I recenetly traded a dodge stealth for a 78 camaro.. I got hte car from a mechanic sort of guy. anyway the camaro was in his garage and once we did the paper work he took the stealth.. The camaro interior is unfinished and he was going to help me finish all the mechanical work needed. The rest was up to me.. I was suppose to get some mint parts like the dash and seatbelts and back seats, however he never gave them to me he gave me trashed seatbelts in the wrong color, and a shot dash. He also refused to give me the rest of the parts I needed like switches and the headliner. The stealth had engine trouble the day after he got it and that is why he wouldent give me the parts, I am not a mechanic he is. He should have known before I would that the engine might have trouble, SO what can I do and how would I go about doing small claims court for the parts and labor value. I live in PA Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back