car title

Status
Not open for further replies.

gino115

I put my car in a friend's name when I bought my car,she and I made a verbal agreement that after I get my license and block off my name we would switch it into mine. One day I got arrested and the cops left the car in her possession when I got out of jail she refuse to give me my car.she never paid a dime for nothing I have the salesman as a witness saying I paid for it he only seen her for the paper work part not the part of currency exchange and her friend of 14 year was there when we made the agreement and she will speak on my behalf

I put my car in a friend's name when I bought my car,she and I made a verbal agreement that after I get my license and block off my name we would switch it into mine. One day I got arrested and the cops left the car in her possession when I got out of jail she refuse to give me my car.she never paid a dime for nothing I have the salesman as a witness saying I paid for it he only seen her for the paper work part not the part of currency exchange and her friend of 14 year was there when we made the agreement and she will speak on my behalf

When you attempt to skirt the law, you generally get scammed.

Your alleged verbal agreement, notwithstanding, the car legally belongs to your "friend".

You could get 100 people to testify they heard (let's call her Cheaterina) Cheaterina tell you, (let's call you I BEN CHEATED), "Hey, I BEN CHEATED, its your car, love!"

The fact that YOU, I BEN CHEATED, allowed the vehicle to be titled in Cheaterina's name, as well as the registration; legally the car belongs to Cheaterina.

Sorry, never try to skirt the law.

All you can do is maybe offer her an additional $200 to sign the car over to you.

Don't pay her UNTIL everything is in your name.

Other than that, you can sue her in small claims, but NOT for the car, simply for the Blue Book value of the car.

Small Claims court judges don't have the power to order specific performance of provide injunctive relief.

The chance of you prevailing is about .000001%, but you still have the right to sue.

Don't make verbal agreements - get an agreement/contract in writing in the future.

You don't have a car. You only have a debt for a car.
It is in your best interest to be very nice to this person who owns the car you bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back