Consumer Law, Warranties Car Repairs ineffective....fault still occuring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jankypole

I had some work done on my car in August, the cooling fluid tank was overheating all the time. I went to get this repaired and they said it should all be fixed for £600. Everything seemed fine with the car and I wasnt having much trouble, the temperature went up a couple of times but I thought nothing of it. I then went away to the USA for 2 months. My mum is insured on the car so she drove it a couple of times a week saying it was running fine. When I returned 2 weeks ago I noticed the same problem had come back. Whenever I drive now, literally every journey the cooling tank is overheating or the engine is. The same problem is back, so obviously I have paid £600 for something that I didnt need doing and to repair a problem that hasnt been repaired. What are my rights in this situation? Thank you

Have you tried returning to the shop that repaired your vehicle and talking to them about it? If they are honest people, perhaps they will take it in and at least find out what is really wrong.

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back