Car repair/body work issues

Richard z

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I have originally had a small dent on my car, on the left side quarter panel behind the driver seat. Took it to a car repair shop that guarantees their service for life,The original Claim was through insurance. Since the original claim I have to take back the car 4 times because the damage was not properly repaired. The fifth time I took the car back they replaced the entire quarter panel, now my car has water damage in my trunk also some damage by the backseat window, and property damage inside my trunk from the water. I was also in the process of selling my car. I have lost the buyer because now I have to take the car back with water damage to the repair shop. Do I have any legal options at this point or am I required to keep taking back the car to the same repair shop?

Do I have any legal options at this point or am I required to keep taking back the car to the same repair shop?

If your insurer paid for the initial repair, I suggest you contact customer service (or your agent) to see if the insurer will assist you in sorting out the problem.

If your insurer paid for the initial repair, I suggest you contact customer service (or your agent) to see if the insurer will assist you in sorting out the problem.
The original repair was done in I believe 2016, and the person who hit my car his insurance paid for the damage, also the insurance company I was with at that time is not my current insurer. Who would you suggest I contact at this point?

The original repair was done in I believe 2016, and the person who hit my car his insurance paid for the damage, also the insurance company I was with at that time is not my current insurer. Who would you suggest I contact at this point?

It couldn't hurt to see what the insurer that paid originally has to say, or learn what they might do.

It's the shop honoring its warranty and fixing the new damage? I don't think you have much in the way of legal action until they refuse to repair the car, at which time you will have to prove the warranty and that the damage is a result of their workmanship (or lack of).

It's the shop honoring its warranty and fixing the new damage? I don't think you have much in the way of legal action until they refuse to repair the car, at which time you will have to prove the warranty and that the damage is a result of their workmanship (or lack of).
They do but every time the fix it things get worse, and now I also have personal property damage, also all the time waisted on taking car to body shop and rentals, time of from work and just all the headache I have to deal with all the issues

Back