Car purchase

TeShall

Jurisdiction
Alabama
I brought a car. Signed the paper work. Have had the car. Now the dealer is saying I need to come up with more money for down payment. Which is different from thr ageed upon amount. Can they add more money to the down payment, when if I have already signed the paperwork and have the car?

Depends on the terms and conditions of your contract. Read it carefully. Is it contingent on getting approval for financing or is financing a done deal. There will be very specific wording one way or the other.

What did the dealer say when you asked him WHY you had to come up with more money for the down payment.

I brought a car. Signed the paper work. Have had the car. Now the dealer is saying I need to come up with more money for down payment. Which is different from thr ageed upon amount. Can they add more money to the down payment, when if I have already signed the paperwork and have the car?

Yeah, happens all the time, captain.
The lender needs more loot to finance you.
Maybe you should ask about buying a cheaper car.

The dealer likely ran into the problem when trying to secure financing. I bet if you read your documents carefully you will find it addresses this possibility.

Back