Consumer Fraud Car Leasing Broker deal gone bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvjoy

My wife started this transaction in July 2008. She gave a down payment of 5000 dollars cash for the lease agreement. Her broker stated that her credit was insufficient for the car she wanted to lease, but he would assist her to bring her credit up!
six months went by and the lease was about to expire, he said "no problem i'll take care of everything", he did a extension without us present.
so with the extension this gave him 3 more months to get the new car. We believed in him so there was no reason to be alarmed, until,

February (the 3rd month) He's "out of town", our lease has expired. the leasing company says that the broker is not a part of their company, they're very sorry and they want their car back! The only thing we can do at this point is a buyout, which we are doing. But the leasing company is not giving us any time, meaning 3-4 days. The leasing company said i have 1 day to get the check to them!

My wife started this transaction in July 2008. She gave a down payment of 5000 dollars cash for the lease agreement. Her broker stated that her credit was insufficient for the car she wanted to lease, but he would assist her to bring her credit up!
six months went by and the lease was about to expire, he said "no problem i'll take care of everything", he did a extension without us present.
so with the extension this gave him 3 more months to get the new car. We believed in him so there was no reason to be alarmed, until,

February (the 3rd month) He's "out of town", our lease has expired. the leasing company says that the broker is not a part of their company, they're very sorry and they want their car back! The only thing we can do at this point is a buyout, which we are doing. But the leasing company is not giving us any time, meaning 3-4 days. The leasing company said i have 1 day to get the check to them!

You must return the car, if they have requested you to do so.
Failure to return their car could mean legal problems for your wife.
You might have some recourse against the broker, eventually.
That is, if you can locate him.
It seems as if he blew the coop knowing what was soon to go down.
If you start investigating the broker, I'll bet there are other victims like you that he's scammed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back