Car insurance denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preocupada

I'm in Texas and had a fender bender 3 weeks ago. The other person took my insurance info but I didnt take anything since there were no major problems. We didnt call the police. Her fender was loose from one of the sides and I told her i would fix and I would take care of my car. She called later on and said she was calling my insurance so i told her i was under the assumption we were going to fix this ourselves. She said ok i will call you later. The next day I got a call from a lawyer demanding insurance information because apparently she got the wrong information so I called my insurance and they said they would handle it. I got a call a few days ago from my insurance and they said that they will pay for her bumber but they will denied all the other things she is claiming since they saw pictures of our cars and it was not major to cause what she is claiming. They also said that she can sued me so that scared me. I do not know what to expect. Am i going to have to pay for something? Is my insurance not liable anymore? What kind of sued? I'm stressing over this a lot and dont know if i should hired a lawyer too. What should I do? When would I know if she is going to sue me?
Please help me.
Thanks

Your insurance carrier, if it accepts your claim, will pay up to your limits.

Then they will raise your rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back