Car fails after one week from dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol82

Hi, I bought a used car at the dealership last week and now the tranmission failed and needs to be replaced. It has limited warranty (2000 miles) and the contract states that everything is covered, but dealer pays only 50% of repair cost.

When i bought the car, i asked for a inspection report but they seemed to stall and said that they were looking for it and will email me a copy asap. I still haven't received anything from them.

Since the car is still pretty new, about 26000 miles, i figured there wasn't going to be anything wrong with it. Now it needs a new transmission which is gonna cost $4000. Is there anyway that I can get them to pay for all the expenses involved? or am i still liable to pay half under the contract?

What, exactly, do you have in writing from the dealer?

If youre talking about the paperwork i received after i bought the car, it states that its under limited warranty and dealer agrees to pay 50% of repair cost, which includes the transmission. Other than that, nothing else

Most cars have a manufacture warrantee till the car has 32k miles Try to cal the dealership of the car i.e... Ford Chevy etc..

The car doesn't have manufacturers warranty because its over 4 years old.

I also like to add that the salesman told me the vehicle was in previous accident, but he said that it was minor and all they did was fix the bumper. As stupid as i was, i didn't ask for a written report about this.

Carol,

Sometimes it may be best to not look at things from a legal standpoint. If this is a reputable dealer, then talk to them about the untimely failure of the vehicle just after you purchased it from them. They may put customer service above the legality factor. It is certainly worth your time and effort to go this route first.

Be nice first, but if they don't respond then tell them how you plan to tell all your friends and co-workers about the lemon you purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back