Car Debt/Credit Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

wileys

I am several months behind on my car payment due to my husband being unemployed as well as myself. We are now both working. I have recently moved to a new state to get a job to make more money. Before I left my previous state I contacted the company that I financed my car through to explain to them my situation and to give them my new address. They evidently changed my address to the one I gave them (A GA address), but continued to call the number I called from which was a friend's house in FL. They claim that I gave them the number which I did not. And stated they will continue to call until my friend tells them where I am with the car. They also told my friend that they would report the car as stolen. I know the company has my new address because they have sent me 2 statements since I have been here. I recently pulled my credit reports and on two of them the company has charged off my car and list ed on the report that it was written off as a profit loss. What does this mean? I know what a car repossession is, but I have never heard of this before. I am in the process of cleaning up my credit by contacting my creditors to make payment arrangements, but before I contact them I want to understand exactly what they have done. I know the company has violated the debt collection policies established by the FTC, and I plan to report it, but I first need to understand exactly where I stand with them right now. Please help!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back