Car Dealership

Divine

Jurisdiction
Maryland
A car dealership refused to a honor a verbal agreement because I made a complaint on how my purchase was handled. First they held onto releasing my title for my state (purchase new car in another state) so I basically said if I need to I'll get an attorney I will. They finally released it, but I noticed they didn't pay off the car I traded in. When I called back to ask questions I was told very nasty by the financial manager that because I made a complaint and since I said I would get an attorney; he stated to me that he would not speak to me to resolve My complaints and to have my attorney to contact the dealership and hung up. Yes I was in tears and upset that they wouldn't honor their promises. This was one week ago. This week I received a voicemail from the dealership stating that they paid the balance for my new truck instead of the one I traded in. Please tell me my what my options are?

"[A] contract for the sale of goods for the price of $500 or more is [generally] not enforceable by way of action or defense unless there is some writing sufficient to indicate that a contract for sale has been made between the parties and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought or by his authorized agent or broker."

MD Code, Commercial Law, § 2-201.

As noted, you'll need to back up and explain the situation a bit better in order for us to understand it.

Also, if the contract the OP signed is like just about any other auto purchase contract in the country, it will clearly state that the written contract is the entire agreement between the parties and that nothing else has been promised.

The dealership promised that they would pay my first monthly payment so my first payment would be in November and a two year maintenance plan (oil changes, rotations, gas & wash) @ their dealership.

The dealership promised that they would pay my first monthly payment so my first payment would be in November and a two year maintenance plan (oil changes, rotations, gas & wash) @ their dealership.
Do you have that in writing?

Back