Car Dealership sold a car after I agreed to buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullydawg

My wife and I met 2 times with a salesman (scott) about a vehicle. The first time, the car was very dirty, and had not been cleaned yet. We said we were interested, to which the salesman said he was going to get it properly cleaned as per their normal protocol. We got a call saying that the truck was back but the carpet had gotten ruined (bleached by cleaning chemicals), but that if we wanted it for $15000, they would replace the carpet. We went to see the car (with the bleached carpet), found it to be adequate and agreed to the deal. To be exact, I shook hands with Scott and said, "You've got a deal", and told him I would call him tomorrow to let him know that my credit union had gone through. The very next day, I called and did inform him that the credit union had gone through all the loan work and that we were good to go. He told me then that he would send it out to get the carpet replaced. My sales rep had to go out of town, I made 3 calls to a guy "handling" Scott's customers to inquire as to when it would be ready. Monday (exactly 7 days after the credit union loan was acquired) I was informed that the car was sold without Scott's knowledge this past weekend.

I am seeking assistance in rectifying this, what I think is a, breach of contract. I will go as far as I need to. The management of the facility, George Carr Cadillac of Vicksburg, does not deny this story, and simply say sorry, and that they are looking for a similar vehicle.

Do I have a case here? Thank you in advance for your help.

My wife and I met 2 times with a salesman (scott) about a vehicle. The first time, the car was very dirty, and had not been cleaned yet. We said we were interested, to which the salesman said he was going to get it properly cleaned as per their normal protocol. We got a call saying that the truck was back but the carpet had gotten ruined (bleached by cleaning chemicals), but that if we wanted it for $15000, they would replace the carpet. We went to see the car (with the bleached carpet), found it to be adequate and agreed to the deal. To be exact, I shook hands with Scott and said, "You've got a deal", and told him I would call him tomorrow to let him know that my credit union had gone through. The very next day, I called and did inform him that the credit union had gone through all the loan work and that we were good to go. He told me then that he would send it out to get the carpet replaced. My sales rep had to go out of town, I made 3 calls to a guy "handling" Scott's customers to inquire as to when it would be ready. Monday (exactly 7 days after the credit union loan was acquired) I was informed that the car was sold without Scott's knowledge this past weekend.

I am seeking assistance in rectifying this, what I think is a, breach of contract. I will go as far as I need to. The management of the facility, George Carr Cadillac of Vicksburg, does not deny this story, and simply say sorry, and that they are looking for a similar vehicle.

Do I have a case here? Thank you in advance for your help.

A handshake is of no value legally.

If it wasn't in writing, the dealership isn't bound to honor anything.

Keep working with them, they might accommodate you in the interest of good customer relations.

You didn't have a deal. You need to find another vehicle. Without a signed contract or a downpayment they were free to sell that vehicle to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back