CAR DEALER IS breaching contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagdel1

My jurisdiction is: TX

I went to a large dealer and they are putting me through a horrible time. I went in to get a truck for my husband. The sales guy was new and kept us there all day. He told us we did not qualify for a truck but that we could get into a 2009 Impala. We currently have a 2006 Equinox that we were still paying. They said we could trade that in. We ended up taking the Impala for a day to test and returned the next day to get our original back. They would not give it to us because the guy had taken our keys and was not there. The dealer ended up giving us all the paperwork including the finance and payments and we drove off in our new vehicle. So we thought. The following days things started going wrong. They could not get our rebates right 1st of all. We had scheduled a vacation and they told us to GO and have a great time. They bugged me all day out of town. 2nd I had gave them a post dated ck for a downpayment that I didnt even want to give. I took them the cash and behold the next day the cashed it. They did pay the NSF but we spent all 2 days getting stuff straight. 3rd I started worrying that the tags has not came in, they has to give me another set of temp. Wasting another day. I had constant contact with the dealer. Well 45 days down the line I get a call saying that the should had never financed us and they had already mistakenly paid off my original car. I was told to go in and swap cars and no mileage would be charged for the Impala. I went in and the guy who called did not come out and sent us to a manager. The manager did not know waht to do and siad we could not get our own car back OR drive off in the Imapla now. WE were floored. I talked to the finance director who said to give him 3 days to get this fixed. Well 3 days passed guess what no resolve. I finally got our original back on Friday but no paperwork. So I called and they said they were trying to reinstate my old finance company. I found out now that they denied to do because the car dealer took to long to try and the amount of payoff. So now I have a car that is still not mine and they may come get. The dealer keeps lying on what is going on and I am very stressed. I cry everyday. Please help. They will not even give my 1000.00 back and are still charging me for the miles used after they told us to go anywhere in our new car.They know I cannot afford a lawyer and have damaged my credit more by running it through so many places.

Call your state attorney general's office and file a complaint. Second, you don't need a lawyer, take it to small claims court, NOW.

Try the State Attorney General and BBB

Here in Maryland the states attorney's office handles only criminal cases, not civil. However the Maryland States Attorney's office has an arbitration board and a lot of info on filing a law suit. Maybe in your state they have the same info.
Also If they are a member of the Better Business Borough bbb.org they have agreed to go by their rules and accept their arbitration. Even if they are not a member, you can still file a complaint that will warn others that these guys may not be worth dealing with. I also would recommend letting everyone you know about them. These guys need to learn that they can't push people around. I say things in a conversation or a small group like, "If anyone is thinking about buying a car at car lot X, please see me so I can tell you what they did to me." I proudly cost a dealership a new car sale that way. a $20,000 sale because they were trying to steal $400 from me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back